PFRA - Review
The goal of the task was to carry out the process of assessment of the review and update of the preliminary flood risk assessment by provincial governors and marshals, as well as the preparation of information exchange necessary for the development of PFRA with the Member States where there are river basins covered by the PFRA review and update. Therefore, the aPFRA project was handed over to 16 marshals and 16 governors for assessment, as well as to the Minister of Maritime Economy and Inland Waterway.
The scope of materials included:
- Spatial data in terms of areas exposed to the hazard of flooding;
- Database of historical floods;
- Database of probable floods;
- PFRA result database;
- Description of the PFRA database;
- Report on the PFRA review and update;
- PFRA maps (cartographic visualizations);
- PFRA map layouts.
Part of the annexes was transmitted to the authorities in digital form. The geographic project database was shared with authorities also in the form of a web portal. The purpose of the portal was to visualise the results of works carried out within the framework of the review and update of the preliminary flood risk assessment, as well as to share the most important documents drawn up during the project.
The assessment process of the review and update of the preliminary flood risk assessment took place between 1 August to 9 November of 2018.
- 7 governors and 7 marshals gave positive assessments without remarks,
- 8 governors and 2 marshals gave remarks to the content of the PFRA project,
- 1 governor and 7 marshals resigned from making an opinion on the provided documents,
- the Minister of Maritime Economy and Inland waterway agreed the PFRA project in terms of inland waterways.
After analysing the opinions, the President of the Polish Waters within 45 days informed the authorities about the way of their consideration.
The following activities were complementary to the assessment of the PFRA project:
- Science and technology conference on the review and update of PFRA that took place on 30 August 2018 in Warsaw at the National PGE. The goa; was to inform local administration bodies and national administration bodies about the project results.
- Preparation of exchange of information necessary for the development of PFRA with the Member States where there are river basins covered by the PFRA review and update.