MAPS II PLANNING CYCLE (2016-2021)
Review and update of flood hazard maps and flood risk maps in the 2nd planning cycle will be carried out under the project “Review and analysis of flood hazard maps and flood risk maps (project number: POIS.02.01.00-00-0013/16), financed by the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2010, Priority axis II: Environmental protection, including adaptation to climate change, Activity 2.1 Adaptation to climate change along with ensuring safety and increasing resilience to natural disasters, in particular, natural disasters and environmental monitoring.
The goal of this project is to review and update flood hazard maps and flood risk maps by 22 December 2018. In accordance with the Floods Directive, the maps should be updated in 6-year cycles, in connection to the need of assessment of the changes in flood risk and the necessity to plan and implement actions aimed at reducing negative consequences of flooding for human health, the environment, cultural heritage and economic activity.
The project provides 5 key tasks implementation
- Review and update of flood hazard and flood risk maps;
- Development of flood hazard and flood risk maps for other types of floods (other than river floods and floods from the sea, including internal maritime waters;
- Substantial support services in the implementation of the Project;
- Project Management;
- Promotional and informational activities.
The scope of task no 1 includes:
- a review of flood hazard maps and flood risk maps developed during the 1st planning cycle, identification of areas for which maps update is necessary, and then, by 22 December 2019, the development of new updated versions of the maps;
- development of flood hazard maps and flood risk maps for river sections for which, in the preliminary assessment of flood risk of 2011, it was established that there is a need to prepare flood hazard maps and flood risk maps during the 2nd planning circles, i.e. by 22 December 2019;
- development of flood hazard maps and flood risk maps for rivers and types of floods that will be indicated as a result of review and update of the preliminary flood risk assessment by 22 December 2018.
Flood hazard maps and flood risk maps, developed under the project, will be the basis for the development of updated plans of flood risk management.
A direct effect of the project, constituting an eco-friendly result, will be the developed flood hazard maps and flood risk maps.
Implementation period: 2016-2020
Planned total cost of the project: 52.000.000 PLN
Planned amount of funding from the Cohesion Fund: 44.200.000 PLN
Planned amount of funding form the State Budget: 7.800.000 PLN
More information about the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020: